The ways of processing an advertisement for each medium chosen is different. The only similarity between them is that their main aim is the promotion of the product. For advertising in the printed mediums such as newspapers, magazines etc., only the main points are given which will attract the target audience. While in the electronic media there can generally be a greater exploration of the product and its potential. Nowadays mobile phones are becoming a more popular medium of advertising where a large number of people can be approached personally.
Advertising of all kinds is based on a principle called AIDA. According to this principle, the letters define the proposed impact of the advertisements on the general public, that is, A- Attention, I- Interest, D- Desire and A- Action. As a person comes into contact with an advertisement the first thing that the advertisement does is to attract the attention of the person towards the product or the subject. Next, it creates an interest in his mind and this leads to the rise of a desire in the person to go and buy the thing that is being advertised. Thus, the last step that is taken by the person is action; that means the person purchases the product or service.
There are certain basic rules of advertising which rotate around the target audience for a particular campaign. Based on the type and characteristic of the target audience, the advertisement is designed to meet their aspirations and then broadcast via the chosen media. Important factors in the target audience are the age group, the tastes and choices of that particular social grouping.
Advertisements are used for several things but the basic purpose in all ads is the same, i.e. to bring the product to the attention of the public. The product has to be promoted and made popular. Various attributes or factors that are advertised, and of particular importance are the brand and the price, and where the product can be obtained.
Discover how to generate instantly all the leads, customers, profits and business you could only dream about before - with practically no work on your part. Go now to The Magnetic Marketing Tool Kit to learn more .......
1. Free PPC Search Engine Traffic for newcomers as an introductory offer is worth a try as it is a good source of highly targeted website traffic. Try visiting http://virallinktracker.com/vlt/links/1388
3. Writing Articles can also put your promoting efforts into overdrive. It really is simple to write articles so website owners can use them for content. Try joining http://groups.google.com and http://groups.yahoo.com Search for groups that accept articles for publication and follow their guidelines. You can also mass submit articles for free at http://tinyurl.com/jcnqb Do a web search for other sites whether niche or general that accept articles too. This website will help you get started http://tinyurl.com/6pf73
4. Free Ezine Advertising is a great option. Most ezine publishers will give you a free ad if you subscribe to their free ezine. Visit http://subscribeme.net You can also search for Ezine Directories where you will find scores of free publications which may have similar offers. Additionally, some ezine publishers may also feature your article if you contact them directly.
5. Write a Press Release. You can write a press release and submit it for consideration at prweb,com Newspaper reporters and other journalist are always looking for fresh news that they can publish. Research how to write a good press release to help insure your story and website info will be featured for free.
6. Start Page Traffic Exchanges can help you generate exposure to your site. You set your browser to open into the surf page then you view other sites in the exchange as others do the same.
7. Banner Exchanges work on the same principle. Place the exchange code on your website and earn placement of your banner on other sites within the exchange.
8. Forums, Message Boards and Chat Rooms are excellent ways to interact with people and spread the news about your website. Search the internet for places that fit with the theme of your site. Be sure to visit sites like http://delphiforums.com. It's a good place to start. Remember to participate in the discussions and follow the accepted form to pitch your site. SPAM only causes you problems and is best avoided.
9. Blogging can be an excellent way to promote your website and offer valuable information to surfers. Remember most people surf the internet seeking information first. As a rule of thumb providing information or relevant content will bring people searching for what you have to offer. http://blogger.com
10. Try Exit Exchanges where you put a code on your website that creates a pop under when someone leaves your site in exchange for your pop under on the site of others in the exchange.
11. Link Exchanges can help you boost traffic to your site. Try trafficswarm. Additionally you can join a free desktop advertising exchange service here. http://virallinktracker.com/vlt/links/1396 and http://virallinktracker.com/vlt/links/1397
12. Get an optin email list. The easiest way to send your promotional material via email safely is to join this service. http://virallinktracker.com/vlt/links/1399
13. I also found this free viral web traffic tool and it generates a flood of visitors to your websites http://virallinktracker.com/vlt/?aff=3233
14. Additionally, you have my permission to replace the links above with your affiliate URL and re-distribute this article provided you keep the Author's Bio as is.
Just another free way to viralize your marketing efforts.
As you can see, there are a variety of methods to effectively and inexpensively promote your website.
Be creative and research ideas to help get the word out. You might be pleasantly surprised to discover promoting doesn't cost that much if you are willing to put in the extra time and effort necessary to see that happen.
Good Luck and Happy Promoting.
Robert Paul Williams is the Editor of Work At Home Business Website. Stay Informed on Home Business Website News, Success Tips & Strategies.