Writing articles to promote your website is, hands-down, one of the best ways to get targeted traffic to your website. The best part is that this strategy builds itself over long-term.
One article you write today will continue to get you business for years and years!
Now, most people know that they need to submit that article to directories (or if you did not, you know it now). However, too many marketers miss the biggest golden nugget of them all!
Others who publish newsletters NEED your content and are looking for it. They are looking for good material for their readers. This means that your article could get featured in a huge newsletter! Imagine having a newsletter of 50,000 subscribers or even more feature your article
Can you imagine the kind of traffic that would bring you!
Besides the traffic generation, here are 6 critical reasons you need to start submitting to Ezines immediately if you really want to build your internet business.
1. You'll brand your web site, business and yourself by submitting articles to E-zines.
This is done through the resource box that is added at the end of your article - this resource box allows you to have a biography of yourself and a link back to your website.
2. You will become known as an expert on the topics you write about.
This will give you and your business extra credibility which will help you compete against your competition. The more credibility you get, the more joint ventures and affiliates you can recruit to sell your products.
3. Your article might also be placed on the publisher's home page.
If they publish each issue on their home page this will give you some extra exposure. This will also help other websites find your article to re-publish.
4. You might get extra exposure if the e-zine publisher archives their e-zine on their site.
People might want to read the back issues before they make the decision to subscribe. This can be great if their website is search engine optimized and your article starts to come up for good keywords!
5. It is possible that other e-zine publishers will publish your articles in their free e-books.
Once your article is known as a re-printable article, it can start ending up everywhere!
6. Are you thinking about launching a second facet to your business of consulting?
Consulting is a great way to add extra income to your online ventures. When you have your articles being spread around the internet, your credibility is huge and getting great consulting clients is easy.
These are all the benefits just from submitting articles to publishers. If you can combine that strategy with submitting your articles to article directories as well, then your articles will go much further!
The benefit of submitting to directories is that the publishers come find YOU. You don't even have to beg them or bother them to publish your article.
Most publishers are actively looking for material for their newsletter, when they like what you write - most will contact you to let you know that they are about to publish your article.
This is the best time to reply to them and send them more of the previous articles you have written. It is not unlikely at all to have the same publisher feature you as an author multiple times a month!
So, if you have not started using articles yet - get to it! They are one of the best ways to build short-term AND long-term traffic to your websites.
This article is written by Anik Singal, Founder of MarketingSelfHelp.com.
Anik Singal has developed his own industry leading 7 day course to starting your own internet business The course is 100% FREE, just visit the link above and sign-up!
Using ad swaps to get free ezine advertising -By: Matthew Meyer
Here is a little used technique you can implement to build your mailing list for no additional cost. I call it using subscribers to make subscribers like much in the context of using money to make money.
This simple list building formula can be summed up in two words: ad swap.
Generally, you trade advertisements with other eZine publishers, preferably of the same mailing list size or bigger. You broadcast the eZine publisher's advertisement to your mailing list while the eZine publisher endorses your ad to his list. Yes, you are actually cross endorsing or cross promoting each others offer to each of your mailing list.
Your advertisement's goal should be to get as many subscribers possible from the other eZine publisher's mailing list to sign up for yours.
The result: you grow your mailing list. This method does not require money, which means it can be done for free. And the return of subscribers? Infinite!
You only have to do this with one eZine publisher at least once, because his subscribers who are also your subscribers can now be followed up within the boundaries of your mailing list.
Perform ad swaps with as many eZine publishers as possible and soon, you will have a huge mailing list of your own built free.
Apply These Top Ten Headline Ideas and Prosper
1. Needs to compel and propel the skimmer to stay and go to sales copy beneath if on your web site. Your book chapter headlines should lead your reader by the hand to what he wants to know. They can be questions or statements, but make them clear, and if possible make them sizzle.
2. Must be attention-getting. Use emotion in your copywriting because people buy because they connect emotionally, not because they need something.
3. Make it benefit-driven--how your product or service will solve your audience's problem, concern, or challenge.
4. Make an irresistible offer. Most eBooks that sell well offer special bonus reports they attach at the end of the document. People often buy just because of the bonus such as "How to Get Testimonials from the Rich and Famous" for a book on writing a book.
5. Make a wild promise and pay up. Most people don't like hype, but will notice your promises in your benefit statements. Back it up with the how with the copy beneath the headline.
6. Keep it simple. Some headlines go on and on to include many problems and benefits. Stick to a few lines for the best results.
7. Include one top benefit. The top headline of your web or email sales letter should taut your number one benefit of your product or service. Show the big result and wow your readers. They are looking for answers.
8. Build curiosity/suspense. Would this attract you? "Overcome Writers' Block with Snake Dancing?" Sometimes the improbable can hook your readers attention, and that's what you want.
9. Instead of saying "I can do this for you" write it "You will get this benefit when you..." Check out your home page. Does it need a lift? If it has a lot about you, your mission, and your bio, you have missed the mark.
10. Think before you write your headlines. Leave the lackluster ones behind. To announce his seminars, one client put "Upcoming Seminars" in the email subject line. Who cares? Entice your market to act by making a specific, benefit-driven headline.
To prepare for great headlines, start with a list of great benefits for each product and service. Before you post, checkwith associates for their reactions. They are a sample of the groups and individuals you want to attract. It's always good to get a writing coach to check your headlines before you post them.